Depending on the severity of the fire damage you have incurred, every minute that passes has the potential to cause more damage to your home or office. This is why it is so important that you choose a fire damage specialist capable of answering your emergency both quickly and proficiently. And with our 24 hour phone service you can get a hold of us at any time.
When you choose Faithful Cleaning and Restoration, you have our commitment to provide you with fast, professional, and comprehensive service. Because Faithful Restoration is a full service certified disaster recovery general contractor, we have the ability to take your project from the emergency call, to boarding up your structure, through complete fire damage restoration. With years of experience and training we’ll also be able to restore as many of your belongings as possible.
We work closely with your insurance company to ensure all your valuable contents are properly accounted for and restored along with your structure.
Behavior of Smoke
The complexity of property loss or destruction due to fire damage is due to the unique behavior of smoke. A trained fire damage professional should survey the loss site to determine the extent to which fire, smoke, heat, and moisture impacted building materials and contents.
Experienced fire restoration professionals know that areas seemingly unaffected by fire damage are still a danger to homeowners. Smoke can penetrate within cavities of the structure, causing hidden damage and odor. The knowledge Faithful Restoration technicians have of building systems helps them investigate how far fire and smoke damage may have spread.
Some things you may not know about smoke
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the fire damage restoration process.
Types of Smoke Damage
Smoke and soot can travel and penetrate into other rooms affecting paint, carpet, upholstery, drapes, clothing and any other family belongings. Fires are classified into two groups, simple and complex:
Simple fires are fueled by pure fuels, like wood, and generally result in complete combustion and easy target to start a fire. Complex fuels, the most common house fires, are fuels by synthetic materials in carpets, furniture, toys, wiring, etc. and generally result in incomplete combustion and the products of soot’s and acid deposits. In addition, smoke can be caustic in nature, and requires prompt removal to minimize damages to fabrics, ferrous metals, electronic devices, chrome and painted surfaces.
Types of soot
Once at a fire scene, a Faithful Restoration certified technician will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. Cleaning procedures will be based on the information identified during fire damage pretesting.
- Wet Smoke Residues – Result from smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary with pungent odors. Smoke webs can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues – Result from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, nonsmeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues – Virtually invisible residues that discolor paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot – Furnace puff backs distribute fuel oil soot.
- Other Types of Residues – Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residues also need cleanup.
Inspection and Pretesting
A Faithful Restoration certified technician will pretest while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of needed cleaning, restoration, and repairs. Expert fire damage remediation can include:
- Total reconstruction of the home or business
- Smoke and odor removal – structure and contents
- Structural cleaning
- Cleaning and storage of personal belongings
- Climate controlled storage
- Temporary protection and board-up
- Complete Demolition
- Fogging and Ozoning
Faithful Cleaning and Restoration is with you every step of the way during any fire damage disaster. Our attention to detail and level of customer communication ensure that you’ll be aware of every step in the process, from beginning to end. We work with all insurance companies to quickly and efficiently get your life back on track. Call Faithful Cleaning and Restoration at 1-406-672-3200 for all your fire damage restoration needs.